Here’s a little fact about me: I do not like making dinner.
It’s not that I don’t enjoy cooking. I hate the meal planning and grocery shopping. And then comes 4:30 or 5 o’clock, and I am usually running around picking up kids or working.
Dinner is just a stressful part of the day for me. But we have to eat, and eating out gets expensive and is honestly a pain in the butt with kids. So I am conquering, yet again, my dinner-phobia. And all thanks to Pinterest!! I am telling you, I think we would be eating spaghetti and cereal all week if it wasn’t for the endless recipes online. And it is so handy to save for future reference…I just love it!!
Here are 5 meals that I have tried and our family has LOVED. All of these are kid friendly, unless your kids are picky, in which case, I am sorry. Just click on the meal title to link to the full recipe!
- Serves 4-6 easily. We may have second and thirds. 🙂
- It is very flavorful, but I am sure the bacon and cheese really help with that! Ha!
- Perk: You don’t have to pre-cook the chicken (thank goodness, who has time for that)
- Downside: It has to cook in the oven for 1 hr 30 min. But you literally put all these ingredients in the pan, put in the oven and walk away. Perfect!
- Serves as many salmon you need to make
- If you love salmon this is delicious!
- Perk: It is healthy and quick to throw together and only bakes for 30 min
- Downside: If you don’t like fish or asparagus then this isn’t for you!
Meal 3: Chicken Tettazini
- Serves 6
- This is my comfort food. Something about the ungodly amount of sodium and cheese really make me happy! 🙂
- Perk: It is so unbelievably tasty.
- Downside: You have to cook the chicken first, blah. And it takes an hour in the oven. BUT SO WORTH IT!
Meal 4: Salmon Patties
- Serves 4- makes 6-8 patties but in our house 1 patty per person is never enough. I usually double the recipe too!
- These are also kid friendly and easy to eat and even easier to whip up!
- Perk: You will most likely have the ingredients on hand for an “emergency” dinner.
- Downside: My house smells gross after cooking them in the oil. But it’s a small price to pay, I think!
Meal 5: Zucchini Cakes
- Serves 4-6 but you may want to double the recipe just in case.
- I love zucchini cakes but I am not the biggest fan of zucchini, weird!
- Perk: Super easy with very few ingredients.
- Downside: You would have to really hate zucchini to not like this recipe.
Disclaimer: I realize that I have two salmon recipes on here, but I personally love salmon, especially in the spring and summer. Plus, it is really good for you (bonus)!
These meals are generally easy with basic ingredients. The only time-consuming thing about a few of these is the cook time in the oven. Some days I am not exactly on top of dinner at 4pm so I like to have the last few on hand when I am in a pinch. But I am not gonna lie, breakfast for dinner is definitely a fan favorite for everyone as well! 🙂 Pancakes, eggs and bacon. YUM!
Follow me on Pinterest and feel free to share recipes your family loves! I am always up for fresh ideas!