These 5 tricks will get you wedding day ready for sure! If you DIY most of these(except for #1) you can save some $$ and still look like a million bucks!
1. Wax– Everything. At least on your face. Even if you only do your eyebrows regularly, if you have any fuzz on your face, like on your cheeks, forehead or sideburns. Any little tiny hairs will be hard to cover with makeup. A smooth even surface will be best to get a flawless look the day of. Make sure it is wax you have used before to be sure there will be no major breakouts or allergic reactions. And if you are nervous about it, ask the salon if they could do a patch test a few days prior to your waxing appointment, which means they will just wax a small portion of your face and wait to see if you do react negatively to their product.
2. Facial– If you feel like you want to splurge and get some ‘you’ time AND fabulous skin, book a facial! I would recommend doing this 2 weeks before your wedding to make sure all redness and possible breakouts have subsided. Ask the esthetician to use the most non irritating products they have. And make sure all those pores are cleaned out!
If you do not want to lay down the big bucks or don’t have time for a professional facial(although it will be worth the hour and every last penny you spend) then make a trip to the drugstore to get some products of your own. Start with a great exfoliator. My favorite is Wei Pomegranate Buffing Beads which you can find online, not in the store. Next, purchase pore strips. I love Biore Pore Cleansing Strips. Use pore strips 3 days before the wedding to give your pores time to close back up so makeup doesn’t get locked in there. Also, you can buy a face mask or make one with ingredients you have at home. A tightening face mask will be the perfect one for the big day to make sure you are looking fresh and ready to go!
- Mix all of these together and apply to your clean, dry skin. Let sit for 15 min. Rinse off with warm water. You will love the results! You can do this the morning of the wedding!
3. Drink water– ALOT of water. If you aren’t a big water drinker, you are going to need to put your issues aside and become friends for the week. Aside from countless health benefits of getting your daily intake, your skin needs it! Your hair needs it. Your eyes need it. So drink up my friends. At least 64oz a day. If you drink caffeinated beverages make sure you double your water intake to compensate for the amount of water caffeine takes out of your body. So if you drink an 8 oz coffee, drink 16oz of water.
4. Sleep– The wedding week leaves little room for this. But please, if you want your face to look flawless, and if you just want to feel your all-around best, get a solid 8 hours(if not more) per night. Stress takes it’s toll on us all but do what you can to ward off those wrinkles and puffy eyes…cucumbers can only do so much.